PDA

View Full Version : AmO? Motard crash

jmaher
May 21st, 2012, 05:43 PM
Whoever was riding the motard bike and lost their front in turn 3, I have a video of it if you want it. You were right behind me.

Joe

rybo
May 21st, 2012, 06:20 PM
Chris Weed is the guy!

Tumbleweed
May 21st, 2012, 09:22 PM
That would be me. I had grand plans of catching the 1st wave on the first lap and forgot that the tires might need a little warming up. What a rookie.

I would love to see the Vid. You can email it to me at cweed626@gmail.com. Also feel free to post it on the forum. I should be ridiculed a little for throwing that away. I was hoping we would have some fun together throughout the race.

jmaher
May 22nd, 2012, 02:11 PM
My first GoPro edit and YouTube posting. Starts getting good at about 1:29. And I like the cute wave to the crowd at 0:53.

http://youtu.be/0APZnspV8PQ

Joe

Pep620
May 22nd, 2012, 03:16 PM
Damn! Motard corner speed is ridiculous, I may have to try that. Glad you walked away. :D

Tumbleweed
May 22nd, 2012, 08:54 PM
Take it from me, it's not the corner speed that is the great part, it is the late braking. There is nothing like coming into turn 3 still wide open when everybody else is half way through there braking. So much fun. But no matter what nothing beats a real sportbike.

Thanks for posting that Joe, too cool.

Tumbleweed
May 22nd, 2012, 08:58 PM
And the wave was to my wife and two little boys standing on the Tower. They make racing fun for me. And of course they are used to me crashing so when I came back to the pit Jess didn't ask if I was ok, she just said too bad you crashed the brand new leathers. Now that is a real woman. Crashing a Sumo is much easier on the body when you don't have to contend with as much speed or a heavy bike trying to land on you so for me not a scratch.

Fastt Racing
May 23rd, 2012, 02:14 PM
=D> That's awesome about the brand new leathers. I am still laughing my tail off about that. You got a keeper there Weed.

JWinter
May 23rd, 2012, 07:43 PM
Chris you were going pretty good in CO class, I got meat balled and there was no way I was going to catch you. I was struggling in Twins GTU and you had a nice pass on me when I ran wide in turn 3.

Slo
May 23rd, 2012, 07:56 PM
Chris, good to see you back into racing....

Tumbleweed
May 23rd, 2012, 08:33 PM
Keeper is right, I fully agree as I'm sure most of the MRA approves of my amazing wife.

Thanks Jeff. I'm planning on being at Pueblo and the next PPIR so I hope you will be there. Maybe we can have a little more fun on the track. Our two bikes are a good match up because there strengths and weaknesses are in completely different areas so it makes for good racing and good passing. It's always fun racing with you.

Glad to be back racing. I am still on a limited budget and limited time this season but Jess and I are planning on making a full season come back next year so it should be lots of fun.

Slo
May 23rd, 2012, 08:45 PM
You and applehans will be dicing it up in no time again haha.

Tumbleweed
May 23rd, 2012, 09:02 PM
I'm not so sure about me and Mike. To this day I have never been able to hang with him with like equipment. The only time I ever got to race with him I was on a 750 and he was on a 600. He is still out of my league, but maybe one day I will grow a set and catch up.

And Jeff I have to admit when I came around on the first lap and saw your number for the meatball it was a huge relief. That whole first lap I was just waiting for you and Jason to come by. Maybe next time we will all get clean races and dice it up a little.

jgixxer1
May 23rd, 2012, 09:44 PM
Weed, will you be at the Pueblo practice day? Me and another buddy on a 450 will be there that Friday. Would be fun to have another sumo to "try" and ride with.

Tumbleweed
May 23rd, 2012, 10:43 PM
Wish I could. With running the business it is almost impossible to get Monday through Friday off.

jgixxer1
May 24th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Did you shave anything off your times when you removed your rad shrouds in last race?

Tumbleweed
May 24th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Haha. I only took off the left side. There was no plan on trying to get faster with it. Not sure if my lap times were quicker or slower. The front bolt pulled out on one of the earlier races and the shroud folded over into my left leg making it hard to shift. I had to hold it against the bike going down the straights and through turn 1 and 2. Didn't have any spare bolts to reattach it properly so I just took it off. I felt a little embarrassed when that happened during the race. Its like bringing a 88 honda to bandimere and having the muffler fall off mid track.

jgixxer1
June 21st, 2012, 08:33 PM
Wish I could. With running the business it is almost impossible to get Monday through Friday off.

...are you racing CO class at Pueblo?

Tumbleweed
June 27th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Sorry dude, been away from the forum. Yes I will be racing CO class at pueblo.