PDA

View Full Version : This Pepper doesn't squish when run over

Pep620
May 21st, 2012, 01:37 PM
Hello from Memorial hospital Co Springs. 2 crashes in one weekend isn't how I saw round 2 happening, but I did. Joe Maher it looks like I'll be replacing the rear set you were so kind to loan me, thanks again for that. Thanks to all the corner workers, MRA staff and all the EMT 's for taking great care of me.
Mr President, I hear you saw the whole incident and need some feedback as to why I went down. I remember grabbing the front brake and when I started to release it it didn't release and then smacked on the tar only to be run over by a R1. Thanks for not hitting my neck! Shit happens.
I'm heading home soon which will be nice. I had a lunatic in the room next to me yelling about how she thought her leg was gone all night. I'm not sure if I'll be racing any more this season or not but I will be out to support my team and the MRA. I love racing and the bumps and bruises that come with it.
A HUGE thanks to Mike Spero, Dylan Hale, Jenn-Jenn and anyone else who helped pack my belongings and drive them to my house. All things considered, I still had a blast! See you soon, Ben Pepper

lars
May 21st, 2012, 01:40 PM
Glad your doing better and in good spirits Ben! Get better soon!!!!

rybo
May 21st, 2012, 01:50 PM
Hey Ben,

Glad to hear you're on your way home and healing up.

Team "GIMP" is growing larger -

Aaron and I are staging an awesome comeback for the later rounds of the season and hope that you'll be able to join us!

(I'd include Shannon, but he has already staged his awesome comeback. I swear that guy is made of kevlar or something.)

Scott

Bueller999
May 21st, 2012, 02:00 PM
Was wondering how you were doing. Glad to hear you are in good spirits anyway.

jmaher
May 21st, 2012, 02:10 PM
We should limit the number of members on team GIMP. Ben, I hope you are back soon!

Joe

Fastt Racing
May 21st, 2012, 06:50 PM
Get well soon Ben. See you at round 5 dude!

Rockstar
May 21st, 2012, 07:59 PM
Looking forward to seeing you back out there soon Ben.

FYI: I have video of your get off in the Nov U race. Shoot me your email address.

Joe

JenJen
May 22nd, 2012, 01:13 PM
Ben,
So glad that you're ok! I was happy to help out! You will be out for round 3 right?? 4hr endurance Titanium butt?? jk Hope to see you soon!!

JenJen

T Baggins
May 22nd, 2012, 01:30 PM
How's your hand? Man it looked nasty... :shock:

I actually didn't see it, I got an eyewitness account so I could communicate to the ambulance guys exactly how it went down.

Being centerpunched by an R! is never a good idea... wish you had asked me that beforehand and I would'a told you so...

Sounds like you're in good spirits, no doubt you'll be feeling like at least $50 bucks in no time!

Get well quick, fix your shit, and get back out there!

sheispoison
May 22nd, 2012, 01:45 PM
Get well quick, fix your shit, and get back out there!
Words to live by right there. Heal up soon man!

Rockstar
May 22nd, 2012, 03:36 PM
Ben gave the thumbs up to post this here so have at it. Get-off is at roughly the 1:10 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka9v0U7idu8&feature=youtu.be

Pep620
May 22nd, 2012, 03:48 PM
Believe it or not Tony the hand is fine! No breaks or anything. Just swollen to twice the size of my other one and black, blue, green. I'd buy another pair of Spidi gloves and I'll be needing to. "I'll be back" but it'll be a little while. Until then Rybo, Aaron and I will work on this GIMP racing thing.

T Baggins
May 22nd, 2012, 03:54 PM
Ben gave the thumbs up to post this here so have at it. Get-off is at roughly the 1:10 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka9v0U7idu8&feature=youtu.be

That's the wrong crash. He crashed entering turn 4... I think in Nov O.

Pep620
May 22nd, 2012, 04:09 PM
That's Saturday NOV U crash. The launching of R1 is Nov fast practice on Sunday. If someone has that it's all good to post it.

Srobards
May 22nd, 2012, 09:10 PM
PM sent

Pep620
May 22nd, 2012, 09:16 PM
No PM in inbox

mkdiehl
May 22nd, 2012, 09:28 PM
Nice video Joe. It was like having a personal videographer.....until you went by me that is. :D

Nice ride and congrats.

Srobards
May 22nd, 2012, 09:52 PM
pm sent

Bhoppy
July 26th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Glad to hear you are OK Ben, you had us a little worried. That hand did look pretty bad... Hope to see you again soon, come say hi, I'll be in the big red and white truck... you can't miss me :)