PDA

View Full Version : Sorry about the incontinence

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
May 21st, 2012, 10:30 AM
Everyone - sorry about the retention problem I had Sunday morning in StGTO & the subsequent long delay. It turns out it was a broken/malfunctioning hose clamp that caused the trusty Ape to lose it's fluid. (the fact that Aprilia runs pressurized oil through something other than AN fittings & steel lines could be worthy of rule discussion).

Thanks to Shannon & Jonny G. for not running me over and for trying to yell a warning at me going through the esses. Thanks to Rybo for lending me the Ape in the first place. I think we were in for an epic battle and I was bummed to miss being in it with a couple of unbelievably talented racers.

And primarily thanks to the corner crew, Steve & the ambulance guys, and all of the other workers (even Bob!) for helping me & taking care of my embarrassing leakage.

JimWilson29
May 21st, 2012, 10:41 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_64zQe5cB44M/S-iPJsN78HI/AAAAAAAABWw/EktyzT8ubQk/s1600/19381-depend%2520underwear%25201.jpg

TRK
May 21st, 2012, 10:07 PM
Big word dude. Big words.

I am glad you crashed where you did. I was yelling for you to pull over and waiving my arms. I gues you didn't hear me, or see me in your mirrors.

Jon
May 22nd, 2012, 05:58 AM
Glad it wasn't worse than it was after all was said and done. Of course I was doing the same as Shannon and basically screaming at the top of my lungs to slow down but also to no avail.....you should have your ears checked .....and ur hoses :lol:

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
May 22nd, 2012, 06:56 AM
If you guys were yelling, BraaaAAAAAA...Burrrrrrr.....BRAAAAAA...buuuurrrrr. .. then I did hear you. :-)

Bob told me he had the black flag ready for me, so I think he would have saved my butt *again* before getting into turn 1. (He saved my backside before @ Pueblo with that flag).

Looks like the frame and fork sliders did their job really well. The bike slid on them and the footpegs - I don't even think the pipe touched down.

Mohammer - how is your bike? How is your hand - I hear you mashed it .. :cry: