PDA

View Full Version : Will I NEED new PC3 map for Kansas?

jgixxer1
May 16th, 2012, 05:34 AM
Going to KS in July to visit family. Wanted to ride Heartland Park while I'm there.

I have a slip-on, stock header (cat replaced with straight pipe), O2 bung disabled/plugged, and stock ECU. Will I run dangeroualy lean if I ride the bike as-is? Do I need a new map?

sheispoison
May 16th, 2012, 06:21 AM
I'm pretty sure your map will be fine. The bike might feel a bit faster, but you shouldn't be even close to dangerously lean unless you're already dangerously lean here. We went to Hastings Nebraska and no one I can remember ever had that problem. You'll be good.

rybo
May 16th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Jesse-

I've taken my bike from here to Road America (in Wisconsin) with no jetting or map changes and had no trouble.

I will say that you should notice a bit more horsepower - my bike was always stronger near sea level (even without changes) than it was here.

Have fun.

jgixxer1
May 16th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Thanks guys for the input

Fastt Racing
May 17th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Jesse - A little more assurance. Almost all modern fuel injection systems on motorcycles compensate fairly well for atmospheric conditions, because of barometric and manifold pressure changes that are seen by the engine management sensors. Your bike will know that it is at a lower altitude, and will do it's best to adjust to that. So you are not just relying on air/fuel ratio cushion completely. Have a great time.