PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment cards

Timmay!
February 6th, 2007, 01:02 PM
I want to move forward on Kip's idea to make up MRA business cards to be distributed in the Pueblo/ CO Spgs area for the purpose of recruiting new corner workers.

1. ideas on the design. Nude?
2. area locations to distribute. Tawny?
3 Kip, can you really make the stands?
4. commitment of a day to distribute? anyone?
5. anyone know a cheap printer, Kip?

:idea: All voices are heard... :idea:

Wild Cheetah 612
February 6th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Absolutely use nudes for the design!!!

oh...........I'm sorry..........I'll go away now

cornerworkr
February 6th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Hey, Tim
You might check with Joe. I know last year he had a 8 1/2 X 11 flier with photos and copy, and tear offs at the bottom with contact information. I put them up in shops in Denver.

And Donna--putting up cards with nude corner workers would scare most people away. :-(0)

Wild Cheetah 612
February 6th, 2007, 03:39 PM
And Donna--putting up cards with nude corner workers would scare most people away. :-(0)
Not if Michelle were featured...

and sorry to once again bastardize your thread.

Wild Cheetah 612
February 7th, 2007, 11:32 AM
There are several websites for free biz cards (just google free business cards), such as:
http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/ns/studio3.aspx?icparts=yes&cfs=-1&pf_id=064&combo_id=4298&combo1=904.100.18.11339|11339|137|0&gallery_id=53

and

http://www.stationary-stationery.com/Free_Business_Cards.html

Racerwife43
February 7th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Timmy,
I have used Vista Print for some things, they are good, cheap and FAST!!!

Susie

KipBook
February 20th, 2007, 10:37 PM
I can make the holders, just tell me how many and by when and it will be done. I think maybe ten of them will work. They will be about 1.5x1.5x3 inches with an angled slot 1/4 inch wide and 3/4' deep. The material used for these card holders is asphalt and will look like I saw cut them right out of a race track! I can make them bigger but I won't make as many. I'll make one here in the next few days and see if I can figure out how to post a pic of it.

glenngsxr
February 21st, 2007, 08:49 AM
hey all,
my dad runs a printing shop. If your interested, I can see if we can get something a little more classy than business cards with maybe a sweet picture graphed into the background. Also, I can distribute them to the springs and pueblo area when needed. Let me know soon. Glenn #62

DingleBerns
February 21st, 2007, 10:23 AM
Hey Glenn, I would love to help you distribute them if we decide to go through with this idea...

glenngsxr
February 21st, 2007, 11:11 AM
sweet. the more the merrier!

DingleBerns
February 21st, 2007, 11:28 AM
We can get a big MRA banner for the back of your pick up and we can sit in the back and hand them out....just a thought....

DingleBerns

Timmay!
February 22nd, 2007, 09:15 AM
Glenn, that is a very generous offer. I think the business card medium is the best way for locations to allow us the space. Were you thinking like a poster?

I will try to come up with the wording for the cards and then get with you about the layout, printing and distribution. Thanks to you and DB for volunteering your time!

Anyone have any thoughts on the wording? I was thinking of an eye grabbing phrase in large print such as, "LIKE RACING?" then below it in smaller print something like, "get the best seat in the house as an MRA corner marshal.." Then direct them to the corner worker section of the MRA web site where we have additional info..

Anyone have any input? Kip, please start making the holders. The number should be about 10, I would think... How many spots are good locations in that area? I don't know it well enough to determine that....

DingleBerns
February 22nd, 2007, 09:20 AM
Hey Tim, are these to get corner workers only or racers as well?

DingleBerns

glenngsxr
February 22nd, 2007, 09:24 AM
Timmay,
I can think of five good spots between the springs and pueblo. Glenn #62

Timmay!
February 22nd, 2007, 09:33 AM
DB, The main idea is to recruit corner workers, people, as a new racer, you will quickly understand the value of... if we get some potential racers attention in the process, that is an added bonus.

If there are race fans out there, I believe the numbers that may come to help in a corner is far greater than the number who can put together a race program.

Any exposure is good for the club, we may get racers, corner marshals or even spectators. no Tony and Donna, not that kind of exposure... :roll:

St. Hubbins
March 13th, 2007, 05:56 PM
I have a buddy with a coffee shop in Pueblo West. He would let us put up something in his shop.

DingleBerns
March 13th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Are you guys still in the thinking stage or are they almost complete?

Timmay!
March 14th, 2007, 08:12 AM
I will finish the design tonight. I still need a call back from glenngsxr to discuss the printing phase.
Once they are printed I was going to put out the call for distribution.
Kip, did you make the little holders? If not I will need them pretty soon.

DingleBerns
March 14th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Alright, just let me know so Glenn and I can get some out! :D

Timmay!
March 18th, 2007, 10:29 AM
I sent the design to Glenn and he is going to get them printed. Thanks Glenn =D>

VParra '06EquipMgr
March 31st, 2007, 06:05 PM
I sent the design to Glenn and he is going to get them printed. Thanks Glenn =D>

Are they ready yet?

Timmay!
April 2nd, 2007, 09:32 AM
Yes, Glenn completed them and they are ready for distribution. Kip and Glenn need to meet so Kip can give him the holders, then Glenn, Derek, and I'm hoping others, will donate there time to distribute them.

I can assure you that anyone who helps in this will be rewarded.

VParra '06EquipMgr
April 3rd, 2007, 11:40 PM
Yes, Glenn completed them and they are ready for distribution. Kip and Glenn need to meet so Kip can give him the holders, then Glenn, Derek, and I'm hoping others, will donate there time to distribute them.

I can assure you that anyone who helps in this will be rewarded.

Hey, I live in Fort Collins . . . if necessary, I'll pick up the holders from Kip and get the printed info from Glenn and drive to Colorado Springs and I will distribute them if no one else steps up.

And I don't want to be rewarded if it's any thing like the reward that Timmay was going to give Kip for coming to race school on Easter Sunday!

Timmay!
April 4th, 2007, 08:43 AM
Vince, Unlike others who volunteered to help, Glenn Carlson stepped up and did what he said he would. He had the cards printed by his father's shop at no expense to us, and more to his credit, he has been distributing cards throughout the CO Spgs/ Pueblo area.
I was unaware of his actions as he did not publicize them. This is the mark of a truly generous person. One who performs tasks for the greater good, without want of payback or even recognition. Thanks Glenn =D>

KipBook
April 5th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Three cheers for Glenn!

=D> =D> =D>

I will bring the holders Sunday and whoever needs one can take one. I have to work Saturday so I'll see if I can make a few more. I only have five and the rock they were made with is pink! You'll all see what I mean Sunday. I'm looking forward to getting some cards, there is a group of around 20-50 sportbike riders that meet up at the Shell station next to my work all the time. \:D/