PDA

View Full Version : Frickin' Elbow Draggers...

d_mob
May 12th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Well, I caught another of the elusive elbow draggers on video! First Hot Carl and now Nik "Elbowz Jr" Lenski.

Nice race Lenski, can't wait for Pikes!

https://vimeo.com/42013271

PremiumBlend
May 13th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Nice race... and entertaining video. What did you use to chop it up with?

NossLou
May 13th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Elbows Jr. I like that :). Once again great video! Your going to have to help teach me around at PPIR though!

d_mob
May 14th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Nice race... and entertaining video. What did you use to chop it up with?

Just basic iMovie software on Mac. Do NOT attempt to edit video on PC. I tried and wasted hours upon hours. Grabbed the wife's Macbook and edited vid in minutes.

d_mob
May 14th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Elbows Jr. I like that :). Once again great video! Your going to have to help teach me around at PPIR though!

Pretty sure we all hate Pikes, so we'll all be tailing each other I think. What gearing are you running? Everyone else? 15/44, 15/45, 15/46, 15/47???

NossLou
May 14th, 2012, 08:53 AM
I have not ever changed my gearing...from 15/46. I'd like to get a 45 here soon though.

KFinn
May 14th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Does anyone still run stock gearing? 16/45? I think that is what I am running. I know for sure I am running 16. But will have to check the rear sprocket.

Do you run it for all tracks or stock for all but PPIR and down for PPIR?

NossLou
May 14th, 2012, 09:36 AM
I run 15 46 and have ran that for 4 years... I have issues with turn 7 to 8 at Pueblo with that gearing, but have stuck with it. Someday I might fool around with it a little bit, but I go a bit taller since I am not a featherweight like quite a few guys out there. 200 on an r6 really blows :) And if anyone bitches about weight not really being an issue i beg to differ on drive out of any corner!

I'm guessing PPIR you should be down a tooth or two than what you are used to riding, but I'm going to stick with what I got!

NossLou
May 14th, 2012, 10:38 AM
David do you mind me asking how and where you are getting your go pro mounted? I can not get mine to feel solid enough for me to not worry about it flying off during a race.

KFinn
May 14th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Cool info... Ya, I am 200lbs too so I know the feeling. But I am also a bit less fit than you. I have rolls in all the right places. ;)

mmm jelly...

rforsythe
May 14th, 2012, 11:28 AM
I'm kinda thinking the gearing that worked for HPR this last round may work for Pikes too, but we'll see...

sheispoison
May 14th, 2012, 11:41 AM
I used to gear shorter for PPIR, but the last time I went I left my taller HPR gearing on and it actually worked better.

rforsythe
May 14th, 2012, 11:47 AM
I used to gear shorter for PPIR, but the last time I went I left my taller HPR gearing on and it actually worked better.

Yeah, I generally try to gear Pikes such that I'm not grabbing an extra shift or banging off the limiter in that little section between 3-4. The bike is so bizarrely different this year though that I won't know where to put it until I get there. My first try at HPR was definitely too short, dropping 2 in the rear got that set nicely.

NossLou
May 14th, 2012, 12:15 PM

Yeah, I generally try to gear Pikes such that I'm not grabbing an extra shift or banging off the limiter in that little section between 3-4. The bike is so bizarrely different this year though that I won't know where to put it until I get there. My first try at HPR was definitely too short, dropping 2 in the rear got that set nicely.

Yup that's the same section that would determine my gearing selection as well... hope what I have will be ok through there.

d_mob
May 14th, 2012, 01:29 PM
David do you mind me asking how and where you are getting your go pro mounted? I can not get mine to feel solid enough for me to not worry about it flying off during a race.

Those sticky mounts work great. I have the front one mounted at the base of my screen. If you don't have any mounts left you can buy a grab bag of mounts online or @ REI.

Better yet, I think you should mount it on your helmet visor to interfere w/ your vision. That way we might have a chance to catch you!

NossLou
May 14th, 2012, 02:35 PM

Those sticky mounts work great. I have the front one mounted at the base of my screen. If you don't have any mounts left you can buy a grab bag of mounts online or @ REI.

Better yet, I think you should mount it on your helmet visor to interfere w/ your vision. That way we might have a chance to catch you!

Ha -7.25 vision and loosing a contact mid race is not enough? I almost shit myself going into 4s with one eye closed:D maybe I can use it as a secondary vision source. Thanks for the info though and I'll look into those mounts....I'd like to get some feedback on my slower areas.

I just remembered that I think it was 3 years ago when you were on that orangeish kawi we were going back and forth a bit at PPIR. I think that was the last time I raced there.... Should be fun!

Like I said that was the most back and forth dicing I have ever had this past weekend, and it was a lot more fun, makes you focus on a strategy more than racing. LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!

d_mob
May 14th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Yeah, just watch out for those waving yellows! ;)

Then again, how could I blame you for not seeing it w/ one eye closed!

Good riding man. Looking forward to dicing it up w/ you this weekend as well. I'm sure Tabor and Niles will be up there as well. If Niles can get his bike pieced back together that is.

NossLou
May 14th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Dude i thought that was you giving me the yellow bird :D I need to take a look at that video :lol: Pete is fast there and has a lot more experience than myself. Hope to tag behind you guys in practice and learn the lines. I know I will always be on the inside of the corner though, that wall does not need a low side sandwich this weekend!

Chadwick929
May 15th, 2012, 08:57 AM
8)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7122/7153490589_dc6eaf0bba_c.jpg

sheispoison
May 15th, 2012, 09:45 AM
:shock: :D

d_mob
May 15th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Can we start a "get the pumpkin off Carl's head" fund? This would be in effort to raise enough money to buy a new helmet for Carl, so I don't have to look at that day-glo globe ruining beautiful pictures like this!

I got $20 on it!!!

jeff healy
May 15th, 2012, 01:52 PM
orange flag!!!! Slow down!! Oh wait, there is no orange flag?? Nevermind it's just Carl :)

sheispoison
May 15th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Dave, it's time for you to just embrace the great tangerine...

HAMMER
May 15th, 2012, 08:52 PM
my bike is faaaaast !!!! nice race boys ..... i need some hp .. maybe build time !!!!!

Chadwick929
May 16th, 2012, 09:46 AM
orange flag!!!! Slow down!! Oh wait, there is no orange flag?? Nevermind it's just Carl :)
His head is a meatball.

jeff healy
May 16th, 2012, 11:31 AM
I think he's getting the meatball flag for dragging parts :) Or possibly just a few loose screws :) lol