PDA

View Full Version : Internet race calls?

rybo
May 7th, 2012, 05:14 AM
If you weren't there this weekend the MRA launched a new service called WhichCall.com

On the WWW.WhichCall.com/MRA we announced which race was up and which call we were on so that anyone with an internet connected device could keep track of where we were in the schedule even if they couldn't hear in on the PA.

I'm looking for feedback from whomever tried it out this weekend - please let me know what you thought and how we can improve it.

Thanks

Scott

Bueller999
May 7th, 2012, 07:13 AM
It worked pretty good, an audio notification would be cool.

Wayniac
May 7th, 2012, 08:11 PM
didn't know about this feature. I will use it next time. Will it be available at PPIR and PMI?

Fastt Racing
May 7th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Next time attend the riders meeting then Wayniac, hahaha.

AdamandNoahsdad
May 7th, 2012, 08:55 PM
I liked it. I thought it worked pretty well. My only thought for improvement would be that on my p.o.s. android (I miss my blackberry) it would only show the current call. The lines below it wouldn't show what the next races were. It would show quite a few more lines but they would all say the same thing. It would be nice if it would show what races or practices were next. Kind of like have a live schedule.

Heal up quickly Rybo.

rforsythe
May 8th, 2012, 08:33 AM
I liked it. I thought it worked pretty well. My only thought for improvement would be that on my p.o.s. android (I miss my blackberry) it would only show the current call. The lines below it wouldn't show what the next races were. It would show quite a few more lines but they would all say the same thing. It would be nice if it would show what races or practices were next. Kind of like have a live schedule.

I've been working with Mike Carr on that actually. Putting an upcoming schedule is a bit more difficult, but he's aware of it. The lines below weren't showing next races at all for anyone, they were showing past calls. I've had him pull that off the default screen as it was confusing for some people.

There is also some additional coolness coming pretty soon, stay tuned.