PDA

View Full Version : Thank you!

rybo
May 7th, 2012, 04:24 AM
hi all

I broke rule #1 today after overshooting T2 - I remember most of it now, and remember seeing the wall approaching fast and deciding to fall down instead of hitting it.

I didn't escape injury - I have a broken collarbone, a broken rib and a fracture in C7. I've been released from the hospital and am resting at home, as comfortable as I can be.

Lots of love and thanks to:

Sarah - the best wife EVER
The corner crew and safety folks with the MRA
Western Ambulance, especially Steve, who took great care of me
Ralph Forsythe, Brian Robertson, Seth, Casey, Ken, Holly, Luke and, I'm sure, many others, for packing up all my crap and driving it to the house
Dave Rose for calling Sarah (who was on her way to the track) and taking care of the bike post crash .
Erin Solia for bringing me a chocolate shake at the house after I got home
Shoei Helmets- the inside of this thing is broken in several places and my head has no more damage than I started with.
Ayden Lee Racing Leathers - everything worked the way it was supposed to. The armor and suit stayed in place so well that you can see the dots from the perforation holes in the liner in the friction burns on my skin.

The healing process is going to take a while, but I'm as comfortable as I can be and have great support up here in Milliken.

I'm thankful for my MRA family - spending weekends with you all is one of the most enjoyable things I've ever done. I'm hoping to make the general meeting on Wednesday, but I'm going to let pain be my guide on that one - either way I'll see you all very soon.

My thoughts are with my friend, Aaron, who also had a big off this weekend. Please heal quickly, and I hope to see you soon.

-scott

lars
May 7th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Get better soon and thanks for the update!
If you come to the meeting we will be sure to give you big pats on the shoulder!!!

Smitty
May 7th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Glad to hear that you are out of the hospital and back home and that things didn't end up worse. Heal up quick!!!

AdamandNoahsdad
May 7th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Scott
Glad to hear your at home and on the mend.

Mforza
May 7th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Get well soon Scott! Glad to hear you doing ok. See you soon again.

MotoMatt
May 7th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Ouch. How does T 2 look? :P

Sorry to hear about breaking rule #1. C7 sounds awful.

It sounds like you have a great group around you to help.

Hope you heal well and soon and see you back out there.

Regards
Matt

zts gixx
May 7th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Ouch. Hope you heal quick and can get back out soon rybo

Fastt Racing
May 7th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Get well soon buddy! Glad you did avoid the dreaded tire wall. You were absolutely flying out there. Hope to see you at PPIR Rybo.

T Baggins
May 7th, 2012, 08:01 PM
well thank goodness it's nothing serious... :wink:

I'm sure you'll be back on the APE before even you know it!

Glad you're doing well, you gave us a bit of a scare...

Lynn Carey
May 7th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the update, Rybo. As always, you have the attitude and grace of a winner, even in injury. Glad you are okay.

sheispoison
May 8th, 2012, 07:04 AM
Glad it's not worse, heal up quick Scott, we've got some racing to do!