PDA

View Full Version : Free Tire Warmers - Gone

gsnyder828
May 6th, 2012, 09:34 PM
I've got a set of T2 Tire warmers that I'll give away free to a first year novice or superstreet rider that needs a set.

They were used less than 1 season and are in great cosmetic condition.

What's catch you ask? (there's always a catch...)

The variable temp controllers on these things are pure crap and both are busted... so they don't work. A little online research (a couple years back) turned up easy fixes in replacement boxes or simply finding a resistor or some sort of doohickey to solder in place instead of the box to turn them into single temp warmers. Looks easy - but I haven't done squat about it other than buy new warmers though.

Look, I'm no sparky - and I'm not going into a RadioShack no matter how hard Lance Armstrong tries to convince me try it out - so if you're handy with electrical thingamajigs and a soldering iron this could be a sweet set of warmers for a couple bucks and some bench time.

I'll bring them to PPIR. No emails, no PMs, first guy/gal to stop me/swing by in the pits, say "Hi I'm _______ , I'm riding Superstreet today" or "I'm novice # XYZ" gets 'em.

rforsythe
May 7th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Someone should grab these up. Even if you can't/won't use them, they should be good for a $100 trade-in credit on a set of Chicken Hawk's.

KFinn
May 7th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Geoff,

If you can't get anyone to take these and fix them, let me know I can see if someone at work in the lab will fix them and then we can still give them to the audience you intend to.

kitten
May 7th, 2012, 03:55 PM
I have a friend that just spent all of his money on a track bike that wants to get into racing that could use these if they are still available.

gsnyder828
May 7th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Someone should grab these up. Even if you can't/won't use them, they should be good for a $100 trade-in credit on a set of Chicken Hawk's.

Please don't do this if that's anyone's intention.

The intent here is to get some warmers to someone who can't afford new warmers... not to fund someone's upgrade from a new set of Suzuka's to a new set of ChickenHawks. If you can afford Suzukas - run them (I do). They're great.

Leave these for that guy/gal showing up racing out of a well worn pickup truck, eating sammiches at the track for dinner and camping in the dirt - someone who wouldn't have a set if not for these.

Please.

Thanks,

gsnyder828
May 7th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Geoff,

If you can't get anyone to take these and fix them, let me know I can see if someone at work in the lab will fix them and then we can still give them to the audience you intend to.

That's a nice idea. I'll hit you up if I have trouble finding a suitable candidate.

Thanks,

fearandlove
May 7th, 2012, 04:48 PM
I'll be looking for you at PPIR... did the SS event Saturday and now there's no turning back :twisted:

AdamandNoahsdad
May 7th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Geoff
Being a first year racer with the MRA and being on an EXTREMELY tight budget, I think its great that you want to give these to someone who is.
" racing out of a well worn pickup truck, eating sammiches at the track for dinner and camping in the dirt."
We have been very fortunate with some extremely well timed help from a few different people within the MRA. I can definitely see why people say this is a great group of people. I would totally jump on these warmers if we didn't already score on a set from another racer. In the spirit of things, as a former sparky, ill offer to help fix these if you find a suitably broke fellow racer to give them to.

Btw, its a very well worn (245000 mile) suburban not a pick up.

gsnyder828
May 7th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Geoff
Being a first year racer with the MRA and being on an EXTREMELY tight budget, I think its great that you want to give these to someone who is.
" racing out of a well worn pickup truck, eating sammiches at the track for dinner and camping in the dirt."
We have been very fortunate with some extremely well timed help from a few different people within the MRA. I can definitely see why people say this is a great group of people. I would totally jump on these warmers if we didn't already score on a set from another racer. In the spirit of things, as a former sparky, ill offer to help fix these if you find a suitably broke fellow racer to give them to.

Btw, its a very well worn (245000 mile) suburban not a pick up.

Appreciate it - I'll give you a shout if we need the help.

gsnyder828
June 21st, 2012, 12:34 PM
So I got lots of PMs before PPIR (despite my request #-o ), but no one actually came by to grab them. I had to miss out on the last round @ HPR, but I will be at Pueblo Friday - Sunday.

Gonna try this again. Same game - read the first post. Anywhere it says "PPIR" replace it with "Pueblo" and you should get the general gist of things.

EDIT: These are gone - now in the hands of a hopeful future racer.